top of page
The parish of Tatersett is situated in the northwest of Norfolk. It lies west of Dunton, south of Syderstone, north of Helhoughton and east of East Rudham. The name Tattersett may derive from the Old English meaning ‘Tathere’s place for animals’. The parish has a long history and was well established by the time of the Norman Conquest. Its population, land ownership and productive resources were detailed in the Domesday Book of 1086. This document revealed that the parish possessed two mills and two churches and that after the Conquest the lands were under the jurisdiction of William of Warenne. The modern civil parish of Tattersett includes the villages of Tatterford, Blenheim Park, wicken Green and Tattersett itself.
bottom of page